Rubin Hall Guest Policy FAQ
Planning to host a guest? Here's a quick guide to the guest policy!
HOW DOES MY GUEST GET INTO RUBIN HALL?
- In-Hall NYU student guests can tap in on their own
- Non-Hall NYU guests must be tapped in by a host resident with Public Safety
- Non-NYU guests must present a valid photo ID to be signed in and left with Public Safety. At the beginning/end of a visit, the same resident host must accompany their guest(s) to the lobby to sign them in/out with Public Safety
ARE THERE GUEST RESTRICTIONS?
- No more than four (4) Regular Hours guests at on time (Sunday-Thursday, 9am-11pm/ Friday-Saturday 9am-1am)
- No more than three (3) Late Hours/Overnight guests at one time (Sunday-Thursday 11pm-9am/ Friday-Saturday 1am-9am)
- No Late Hours/Overnight guests for more than four (4) consecutive nights
- No Late Hours/Overnight guests for more than six (6) nights total per calendar month
- No Late Hours/Overnight guests in the residence hall system for more than six (6) nights total per calendar month (whether with the same or different resident hosts)
- A resident host must have the permission of their roomate(s) to have a Late Hours/Overnight guest.
WHAT IS A GUEST PASS AND HOW DO I GET ONE?
A guest pass combined with an appropriate form of ID allows a guest to enter and exit the hall without having to be accompanied by their resident host. They are available at the Resource Center but must be dropped off to the Resource Center three (3) business days in advance of guest arrival. All passes will be reviewed by the Building Leadership Team.
HOW DO I KNOW MY GUEST PASS IS READY?
- Approved Guest Pass: Can be picked up at the Public Safety Desk upon arrival
- Denied Guest Pass: Resident will notified via email with necessary edits
CAN A GUEST PASS/VISIT BE EXTENDED?
Email Rubin Hall's Building Leadership Team at email@example.com for all requests. There may be certain times of the year, such as semester breaks or exam periods, when these guest policies may be restricted or modified. Students will be notified in advance. Any modifications or exceptions to these guest policies must be approved by the Residence Hall Director and/or the Office of Residential Life and Housing Services.